SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Chief Nurse Officer, participates in planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating nursing services. Provides oversight responsibility for day-to-day operations of nursing.
1. Performs all duties of Deputy Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
2. Participates in developing the philosophy, objectives and policies of the Nursing department.
3. Oversees the development, revision and implementation of department policies and procedures to assure attainment of goals and standards set by Nursing department.
4. Organizes the Nursing department to delineate lines of authority, functional responsibilities and channels of communication.
5. Assumes responsibility to ensure provision of quality patient care.
6. Ensures adequate staffing to administer quality patient care in relation to census and patient classification.
7. Assesses needs and implements measures to attain standards and recommendations.
8. Evaluates quality of patient care through reports from quality assurance, and patient relations department as well by observations during rounds.
9. Provides guidance to nursing administrators to ensure continuity and an acceptable level of patient care on all tours.
10. Assumes responsibility for directing the evaluation of personnel performance.
11. Assists in preparation of budget for nursing.
12. Promotes inter and intra-departmental cooperation and collaboration.
13. Attends meeting with nursing as well as other departments to promote good communication and close collaboration.
14. Assists in problem resolution that may arise involving the Nursing Department.
15. Participates in developing and maintaining sound relationship with community and professional groups.
16. Conducts and/or attends meetings and committees as assigned both within the hospital and with external agencies.
17. Promotes personal and professional growth.
18. Attends conferences and shares information with staff.
19. Assigns administrative staff to attend continuing education programs.
20. Reports to administrator any activities affecting nursing staff and patient care.
21. Assists the administrator in maintaining a system of records and reports.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Click Here To Apply