Duties and responsibilities:
· Conduct a comprehensive nutritional assessment of the patient’s lifestyle, nutrition and health needs.
· Provide instruction to patients in the use of modified diets as it relates to their chronic medical conditions.
· Evaluate patients for needed services (i.e., HEDIS metrics etc.) to close “gaps” in healthcare.
· Develop and deliver educational programs and teaching tools to various ethnic and cultural groups to support better understanding of nutrition.
· Advise patient on setting specific nutritional goals.
· Incorporate patient lab results when developing patient dietary plans.
· Provide patient with educational facts on nutrition to improve their health.
· Monitor, track, and adjust meal plans as needed.
· Present facts about diet and nutrition during community and speaking events.
· Collaborate with the patient’s healthcare providers to optimize patient’s nutritional needs and health.
· Maintain timely and complete documentation of all patient encounters.
Dietitian requirements and qualifications:
· Bachelor degree in food and nutrition, dietetics, clinical nutrition, public health nutrition or another related filled.
· Certification as a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) or nutrition specialist (CNS).
· Exceptional communication skills with problem solving abilities, listening skills and speaking to individuals and groups.
· Compassion and sincere interest in helping patients develop better eating habits.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite programs.
· Experience working with electronic medical records.
· Strive to keep current on the latest advances and developments in the field of nutrition.
The above list of responsibilities and requirements are intended to delineate the job requirements and level of work being performed by the employee as a dietitian. The list is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position of dietitian. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of the normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply