TRI COUNTIES COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP is recruiting for a
Community Health Worker
DEADLINE TO APPLY Friday May 7th, 2021
We’re on the hunt for community-minded professionals with a passion for passing on their knowledge of healthy living to individuals and their local community. As a community health worker, we’ll depend on you to serve as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. Your knowledge of current community programs and resources will be instrumental in developing well-targeted and effective programs. Besides physical health, the position also requires assisting individuals in improving their mental health, especially those with histories of childhood trauma. If you feel you are ready to help others improve their lives and health, submit your resume and show us what you’ve got!
The position will be responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. You will bridge conversations with patients and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services, through face-to-face and/or telephonic outreach and create a care plan with the client to practice wellness activities that support the client’s resiliency. The position will be stationed part-time at community providers to respond to clients who choose to engage in services in addressing ACEs. The position will report to TCCAP Program Coordinator.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish rapport with clients
- The ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish at a fluent level
- Knowledge of community problems and needs related to health and social services
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to document information in a detailed and timely manner
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll do
· Work in close coordination with the Wellness Teams to achieve the objective goals.
· Provide insight regarding standards of care/service.
· Care Coordination, Case Management, and System Navigation
· Track data, outcomes, stories of impact
· Use Homeless Management Information System
· Participate in required training:
o Motivational Interviewing
o Trauma-Informed Care
o ACEs certification
· Conducts community outreach, engagement, advocacy, and education.
· Conducts assessment of needs and follows pathway needs of the client.
· Cultural Mediation Among Individuals, Communities, and Health and Social Service Systems
· Providing Culturally Appropriate Health Education and Information
· Providing Coaching and Social Support
· Advocating for Individuals and Communities
Deadline to apply
Friday May 7th, 2021
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references in pdf format
$21.00 – $25.00 per hour DOE
Part Time 24 Hrs/Week
Flexible schedule M-F between 8a-6p. May require occasional rotating evenings and weekends 1-4x/month.
We offer paid holidays, medical (24+ hours) and paid time off.
Positions will be based in Glenn County.
May Include Some telecommuting.
Some travel required.
Some evenings and/or weekends may be required
-High school diploma or its equivalent
-Valid CDL & reliable transportation
-1 yr experience in healthcare, community-based or social work environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
-Associate degree or higher in health or human services
-Experience working with Medi-Cal population.
Tri Counties Community Action Partnership (TCCAP) is a 501c3 non-profit developed to serve the Colusa Glenn and Trinity county region. Our vision is to build a nonprofit that partners with the community, local government and other nonprofits serving our rural communities so that we may effectively serve households experience poverty and households on the verge of poverty.
We plan to do this through innovation, building partnerships, collaboration, system improvement, and other capacity-building efforts, which will position us to best serve our clients. We are focused on providing whole-person care that is trauma-informed and empowers our clients.
The Tri Counties CAP follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Social Distancing is practiced in the office. Personal Protective Equipment provided. Remote work allowed when practical.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Willows, CA (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Click Here To Apply