A-Lert Construction Services, a division of Centurion Industries, Inc., provides heavy industrial construction, maintenance, fabrication and repair services throughout the U.S. in such diverse processing industries as corn and oilseeds, food, meat, chemical, energy cogeneration and biofuels, wood pulp/paper/fiber products, and more. With over 800 employees and eight offices in six states, A-Lert stands ready to serve the needs of industrial clients throughout the U.S.
At A-Lert, we believe our employees are our greatest business asset, and we work hard to help them develop to be their best, to recognize them for their talents, and to provide opportunities to advance their construction career.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems, on basis of knowledge of system operation and study of building plans or working drawings.
Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications. Inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness. Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers. Cuts pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine. Threads pipe using threading machine. Ends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending machine. Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass and plastic. Joins piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused or cemented joints. Secures pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools. Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping. Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication leaks.
Primary Job Duties
- Work within precise standards of accuracy
- Rate information using standards which can be measured or checked
- Compare and see differences in size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects
- Follow oral and written directions, plans, and bluprints.
- See well (either naturally or with correction)
- Coordinate the movements of eyes, hands and fingers
- Use hands, arms, and fingers fully
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Work at heights as required
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Must be journeyman-level pipefitter or pipefitter (or journeyman training in progress)
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background, Physical Exam, Customer Security Check, E-Verify, Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable), other assessments (if applicable)
- Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions
Pay & Benefits
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Group Medical, Rx, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Paid Life/AD&D
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Healthcare & Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Plans
- Years of Service Awards
Click Here To Apply