Precision Home Health LLC is seeking experienced, dedicated, compassionate Home Health Aide (HHA) to provide personal care and support services to clients who are elderly and disabled in the comfort of their own homes or facilities in Salem VA and the surrounding area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks and other related support services essential to the participant’s health
- Prepares and services simple meals according to instruction and assists with feeding as necessary.
- Assists with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assists with toileting, including use of bedpan, commode or toilet.
- Assists with transfers and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair.
- May assist self-directing participants in applying non-prescription topical medications to skin surface.
- Measures and records vital signs.
- Obtains participant’s weight.
- Assist self-directing participants in performing home exercise program.
- Care with urinary catheter care. Assists with emptying of urinary catheter bag.
- Transport participants for errands, as needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed an approved nurse aide training program, passed a knowledge and clinical skills test, and be registered in the State of Virginia as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) , Geriatric Nursing Aide(GNA) or Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Minimum of two year of experience working with the frail, elderly, or long-term care population preferred.
- Possess current HHA,GNA & CPR/First Aid certification.
- Immunizations and vaccines must be current or medical documentation must be provided from a medical provider with reason (s) to request waiver. (Hepatitis B, Td, PPD specifically)
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be knowledgeable of current nursing assistant practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to home care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult participants.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $8.00 – $10.00 per hour
- Home Health
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
- Certified Home Health Aide (Preferred)
- One location
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Click Here To Apply