Emergency Medical Technician is responsible for the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the staff nurse and / or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice; Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
5. Limited Phlebotomy Technician (LPT) certificate
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Click Here To Apply