Greenbrier Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to join our team.
The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) works as part of a team to provide occupational therapy services under the direction and supervision of the occupational therapist. COTAs implement selected components of patient/client interventions (treatment), obtain data related to the interventions provided, and make modifications in selected interventions either to progress the patient/client as directed by the occupational therapist or to ensure patient/client safety and comfort. Additional duties of an administrative nature may be assigned by therapy director or facility executive director.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies client information by interviewing client, reviewing and/or recording medical history, and confirming purpose of treatment.
- Implements treatment plan of care through direct treatment and collaboration with Occupational Therapist, education of treatment staff which includes fellow therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan.
- Receives necessary supervision from the Occupational Therapist.
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at appropriate intervals under the direction of an Occupational Therapist.
- Assists the Occupational Therapist in identifying a problem list, short term goals, long term goals, and treatment plan.
- Conducts individual, supervised, and group treatment as assigned by the Occupational Therapist and/or Therapy Director.
- Monitors patient’s response to intervention and consults with Occupational Therapist if modification is needed.
- Assists patients under direction of an Occupational Therapist to maximize their potential in activities of daily living including areas of self-care, meal time skills, and manipulation skills.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures, and productivity standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to spend 87-90% of work day in direct patient care.
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab department and facility.
- Maintains professional growth and development by participating in continuing education programs and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Attends/leads interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meeting when appropriate.
- Assists with staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services, as well as consultations.
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Programs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Occupational therapist assistant (OTA) education, obtained in an accredited two-year associate degree program
- Agree to abide by the AOTA Practice Standards/Code of Conduct
- Attain a passing score on the national licensure examination
- Hold a current state license/certification
- Competency in therapy treatment principles, techniques, materials and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of state and federal accreditation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, “to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others.” Through this effort we create “Caring Communities” where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In conjunction with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no charge.
6455 Pearl Road, Parma Heights, Ohio 44130, United States of America
Click Here To Apply