We are guided by our strategic anchors of Operational Excellence, Service Leadership and Customer Focus. These anchors have enabled us to exceed our client’s expectations by deeply understanding what is important to them and meeting them where they want to be met.
We help guide the industry by contributing to the development of forward-thinking standards and technologies.
Our internal culture is one that seeks to continuously challenge and optimize our tools and processes through leveraging technology to the maximum.
All of this is driven by our core convictions of Listening, Learning, Teaching, Standardizing, Executing, Communicating and Delivering.
If you want to be part of an industry leading team, please join DLB Associates today!
Position Title: Senior Construction Project Manager – Owner’s Representative
Position Location: Evansville, IN and Various Cities
The Senior Construction Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of a construction project on the behalf of an owner or developer. The role may assist with the permitting process, evaluating bid proposals, developing a construction master plans and schedules, performing site inspections, facilitating communication and ensures compliance with owner’s requirements, applicable laws and specifications.
The Senior Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing projects in the Mission Critical sector. This position will act as the owner’s liaison with multiple general contractors, design teams, engineers, site staff and transition groups from project initiation to project completion.
The Senior Construction Project Manager will communicate and operate in line with organizational and client goals and values, as well as departmental objectives.
Manage all Elements of the Project Lifecycle (40%)
- Ensure timely and effective management and delivery of projects
- Resource and material forecasting and coordination
- Develop RFPs, evaluate and negotiate bids, identify and interview qualified contractors, and provide recommendations on contract award
- Assist with pre-construction elements including RFIs, schedules and submittals
- Coordinate and participate in commissioning activities and project close out
Monitor and Control Project Financials (25%)
- Lead the project team to ensure the design, construction and implementation of projects are completed in a quality manner within the predetermined budgets, in association with a General Contractor
- Identify potential project risks and develop / implement strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines
- Develop cost schedules / schedules of value for client progress billing
- Manage change order and pay application process
Manage Stakeholder Relations (20%)
- Primary contact for offsite owner and build effective, long-term client relationships
- Ensure client satisfaction through active communication
- Give work direction for internal and external project teams
Continuous Improvement and Development of Staff and Processes (10%)
- Mentor associates and other staff members to create a learning and growing environment
- Provide input on lower-level employee’s performance and make recommendations on level changes-based on performance, knowledge and skill set
- Contribute to organizational training and standards development
- Provide daily digital reporting via narrative and photographic documentation
- Assist in project contract administration
- Manage personal and project hours using company tools
- Create / complete departmental reports
Performs Other Related Duties as Assigned
Position Requirements (Advanced level for all the following)
- Knowledge of industry trends, project management and construction procedures and best practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction of mission critical, commercial buildings, or other structures
- Knowledge of the importance of the Method of Procedure (MOP) Process, work notifications, and protection of IT network and other equipment during construction
- Knowledge of mission critical DC and AC power systems
- Skilled at resource and budget management for projects over $1m
- Skilled at using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), along with exceptional organizational skills for file management
- Skilled at using construction management software such as Procore
- Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be on site a minimum of M-F during project duration and work non-traditional hours at times
- Ability to follow company and site safety requirements
- Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate in both oral and written form (technical and non-technical information)
- Ability to effectively communicate directly with clients and at times serve as primary point of client contact
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with onsite and remote team members
- Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues
- Ability to self-manage, with strong initiative, strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines
- Ability to effectively plan and delegate the work of others
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
The following physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Frequently required remain in a stationary position
- Frequently communicating and exchanging information with clients, peers, and vendors
- Frequently moving through office, critical facility, and other environments
- On occasion, the employee may be required to position self under or over equipment
- On occasion the employee will descend / ascend ladders to access equipment
- On occasion the employee may move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
Travel / Relocation Requirements
- Able to travel to be on site in Evansville, Indiana weekly or relocate to project city temporarily
- After completion of initial project, able to travel to future project location to be on site weekly or possible temporary relocation
Education / Experience Requirements
- B.A. / B.S. degree in engineering, construction or related discipline
- Two years of additional experience working as a project manager in mission critical, pharmaceutical, healthcare, power facilities or similar technical construction environment in lieu of degree
- Minimum of eight years of experience working in mission critical, power facilities or similar technical construction environment
- Previous Owner’s Representative experience
- Coaching, mentoring or supervising others
DLB Associates is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to diversifying our workforce.
DLB Associates participates in the E-Verify program with the Department of Homeland Security.
DLB Associates offers a very competitive benefits package; highlights include:
- Medical, HRA, FSA, Rx, dental
- Life, disability, ADD
• B.A. / B.S. degree in engineering, construction or related discipline
• Two years of additional experience working as a project manager in mission critical, pharmaceutical, healthcare, power facilities or similar technical construction environment in lieu of degree
• Minimum of eight years of experience working in mission critical, power facilities or similar technical construction environment
• Previous Owner’s Representative experience
• Coaching, mentoring or supervising others
Click Here To Apply