When construction is complete, CalPlant will be the world’s first commercial-scale producer of rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF), annually supplying approximately 140 million square feet of no-added-formaldehyde MDF to the building products industry.
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%. Discretionary 401(k) contributions of up to an additional 4% as the company grows in profitability and as determined by the ownership team (these are not guaranteed contributions and there is a vesting schedule for these contributions)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Controller to manage and supervise various aspects of our accounting processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manage the accounting staff’s results by training, coaching and counseling employees and ensuring daily, weekly, monthly & yearly processes get completed accurately and timely.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Oversee all activities related to the maintenance of GL accounts and recons, including all necessary research, analysis and reviews to ensure accuracy of the GL.
- Oversee and ensure a timely period closing including analytical reviews of significant accounts, transactions, and journal entries.
- Prepare all financial statements & packages for review by management.
- Oversee and manage accounting process and procedures for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventories & General Ledger.
- Assist with the maintenance and tracking of CIP, capitalizations and depreciation process. Prepare property tax returns and other ad hoc reports.
- Serve as on-site ERP “champion” and assist/train other individuals on the use, problem solving and security and integrity of the system.
- Assist with the development of the annual plan which consists of working with department heads & management to review current spending levels in order to build the base for future periods.
- Assist with audit process, internal controls procedures, and other duties (as assigned)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial position with increasing responsibility.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Self-starter with an attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
Click Here To Apply