The Resident Assessment Director will be the lead department position. In this position the Director will be responsible for the oversight of all service provided during inpatient stay from admission to discharge. This position is also responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all OBRA required assessments.
Today’s aging population means there’s a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available at Avalon Health Care!
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
- Works with direction from the Regional Resident Assessment Director.
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the resident.
- Participates in the pre-admission process to ensure essential information, needed for MDS/Case Mix optimization, is obtained from the referral source(s).
- Ensures accurate and timely Resident Assessments according to state and federal regulations.
- Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained from interviews with facility staff, resident, and family members as well as observation of the resident and medical record review.
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Provides education to staff based on the findings of the notes and ADL sheets and coordinates education related to the RAI/Care Management process for the facility
- Performs Modifications/Inactivation’s of assessment in accordance to CMS Correction Policy and in communication with the Regional Resident Assessment Director.
- Tracks, records and analyzes all defaults and rectifies if appropriate in communication with the Regional Resident Assessment Director. Implements corrective action to prevent further default status.
- Reviews quarterly State CM Resident rosters for accuracy. Corrects any inaccuracies in a timely matter.
- Maintains a current knowledge base regarding State and Federal Regulations, PPS and the RAI Process.
- Manages Medicare Part A and B certification/recertification process.
- Performs ongoing evaluation from pre-admission through discharge to ensure an appropriate reimbursement level for each resident. Evaluates care to ensure that services and products provided match benefits available.
- Must have a current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in State of practice.
- Must be well-versed in inter-personal communications.
- Must be familiar with the RAI process and Case Management.
- Must meet all local health regulation and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying.
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify
Click Here To Apply