Group Home – Direct Support Professional
We are seeking a qualified, compassionate Residential Direct Care Staff with a passion for improving the lives of the people we serve.
Special Recreation Services, Inc. is a well renowned non-profit organization serving Houston and surrounding areas since 1987. SRS provides services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are currently seeking Direct Care staff for a group home. The Direct Care Staff will coach individuals with developmental disabilities / behavior issues through residential and work routines, provide supervision and specific training activities that assist the clients to acquire, maintain or improve skills related to activities of daily living in a community residential setting.
Currently Hiring for Multiple Positions / Shifts:
Full Time and Part Time Positions
Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Week Day and Week End Shifts
- Provide functional skills training to increase independence.
- Provide medical, financial, and social support needs to each client Assess the needs of each individual; and communicate training needs and progress to respective inter-agency staff.
- Ensures that clients‚ rights are observed at all times. Ensures that clients‚ safety and well-being are protected at all times.
- Ensures that medications are dispensed properly, teaching / training plans are implemented correctly, rooms clean, chores completed, and hygiene tasks completed so that clients are clean and appropriately clothed.
- Menu planning, grocery shopping, promotion of appropriate diet/nutrition plans, and meal preparation.
- Monitors client files to ensure they are maintained in the locations and kept up to date. Prepares written reports, including daily case notes and other documentation as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience Requirements:
- Two years experience in client supervision in a rehabilitation setting and two years of house manager experience preferred. Minimum two years’ experience working with adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Tolerance, patience, consistency, flexibility and creativity in dealing with individual consumers and families are strongly preferred and very important to success.
- Applicants must have a good driving record, undergo a thorough background check and a drug test.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $13.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply