Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a LineHaul Driver to join our OD Family Culture. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations over long distances. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at company and customer locations. They typically work a 5 day work week and are home most nights which provides a great work-life balance for our drivers. OD’s LineHaul Drivers average annual pay is $98,000. Linehaul Drivers are critical members of our OD Family they help to accurately deliver our customer’s freight and help keep our promises.
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
- May be eligible for a bonus
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test.
- Line Haul operates BLU/DYMS and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems required.
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license with haz-mat, doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have the ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when required.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and extended periods, of time.
- Must be available for around-the-clock trips to accommodate freight movements.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of Transportation.
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)
- Be at least 22 years of age
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Click Here To Apply