***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BOTH AGOURA HILLS AND MALIBU. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SPLIT YOUR TIME BETWEEN BOTH FACILITIES.*****
With the supervision of the Clinical Director, works with the clinical staff in the assessment of clients needs, treatment planning, facilitation, advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s mental and physical health needs through communication and available resources to promote the individuals well-being and improve or restore their capacity for social functioning including counseling and the use of psycho-social interventions and social psychotherapy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide quality care to clientele, ensuring safety and best practices.
- Ensures excellent clinical care is provided in individual and group therapy and documented for all clients.
- Assesses client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences; formulates a diagnostic impression based on current DSM criteria; and in conjunction with the client/family develops a workable plan for treatment.
- Facilitates and completes treatment plans upon admission, discharge summaries and other chart related documents and correspondence for assigned clients in a timely manner, as assigned by Clinical Director.
- Consistently communicates and reports to the Clinical Director the needs of the clients,
- Communicates and effectively interacts with all clinical and non-clinical departments coordinating care for clients.
- Responsible for timely same day completion of clinical documentation which include assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, group notes, discharge plans.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission for assigned clients and updates weekly
- Complete additional treatment plans based on problem areas identified in BPS
- Ensures client records for assigned case load are comprehensive and complete to meet licensing standards
- Conducts 10 weekly groups in 2 adolescent facilities (5 in each facility) and 2 family sessions per week, and provides timely same day documentation for all assigned clients based on level care.
- Facilitates skill building psycho-educational and/or support groups as assigned or fill in as directed by Clinical Director, providing timely same day documentation in accordance with insurance standards.
- Maintains awareness of and tracks level of care authorizations for assigned clients, reviewing cycle dates and accurately documents functional impairment.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with client’s family and outside resources necessary to provide for healthy transition and discharge. Provide family/conjoint therapy as specified in individual client’s treatment plan or as directed by supervisor.
- Conducts crises management/intervention of assigned clients or as directed by immediate supervisor (Clinical Director)
- Reviews client requests for outings, passes and visitors with Clinical Director for approval to ensure client care and safety is paramount
- Maintains appropriate state license/registration/certification for scope of practice.
- Carry out other duties/responsibilities as delegated.
- Has a working knowledge of psychopathology, diagnostic assessments, addiction and related interventions.
- Demonstrate and understanding of addiction and psychiatric illness.
- Five years of experience with a chemical dependency population and 12-step model
- Five years of working in a treatment center environment
- Five years of experience in Treatment Planning, discharge planning etc.
- Licensed. LMFT, LCSW
- Licensure with California BBS
Basic computer: word processing, spreadsheets, calendar, slide presentations, Internet etc.
EMR familiarity, preferred experience with Kipu but not required
Written and verbal communication including presentation, organization and prioritization
Strong customer service relations
Performance improvement and risk management
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per hour
- Addiction Medicine
- Multiple locations
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply