Med Techs support senior residents to ensure they can complete the activities of daily living and that they are administered medications as ordered by the attending physician. They provide direct hands on care to residents in accordance with the resident’s service plan and according to company policies and procedures, and as may be directed by their supervisor.
The Med Tech assists in the administering of medications under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse consultant, and the Director of Clinical Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of the community, and the requirements of the state.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Assist residents with cleaning, bathing, dressing, eating, and personal hygiene
- Mobilize residents around their places of residence
- Provide residents with medications and dosages as prescribed by their physician and as permitted by state regulation.
- Communicate with other health-care staff and department personnel; relate information concerning resident’s condition; maintain written records and documentation as required
- Maintain a liaison with the residents, their families, support personnel, etc., to assure that the residents’ needs are continually met.
- Follow all safety and sanitation requirements.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: One year of assisted living/nursing experience with direct resident care is preferred but not required.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must receive required medication training from RN, and through observation and evaluation, successfully demonstrate the ability to perform safe medication and treatment administration.
Must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and work harmoniously with others.
The above is a summary of this position.
Click Here To Apply