Riverside Yacht Club is a private, member-owned club in Greenwich, Connecticut. The position works directly with the Clubhouse Manager, Executive Chef, and dining room staff to ensure quality service standards are delivered to the membership. This is a highly visible position and requires a manager that is “hands on” with an ability to multitask. The Dining Room Manager actively supervises the daily operations of the dining areas, including the following responsibilities:
– Greet members and seat them promptly in the dining room for lunch and dinner services
– Actively support dining room staff and oversee service standards during each dining period
– Manage staffing assignments for each dining period, including opening responsibilities, closing responsibilities, and service/table assignments
– Address member requests and resolves complaints
– Oversee training for new staff, including summer interns
– Develop and implement on-going training program to ensure year-round employees continue to improve skills and expand knowledge
– Plan and present pre-shift meetings and monthly menu meetings
– Communicate with the receptionist regarding changes and updates to reservations to maximize accommodation for the membership
– Program, update, and create reports from the POS system management (Jonas) on a weekly and monthly basis
– Track and order inventory for paper goods, supplies, and dining room uniforms
– Ensure the proper and welcoming presentation of the clubhouse and dining rooms, recognizing and reporting any issues that need maintenance assistance
The club is open five and a half days a week, including weekends and most holidays. The ideal candidate will have the energy, work ethic, and willingness to be present and engaged during the club’s operating hours to ensure consistent high standards are maintained for the membership.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, motivated, organized, and have a strong attention to detail. It is important that they bring a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to excellence to the program. The Dining Room Manager is responsible for building strong relationships with members, their guests, and fellow staff. Experience at a Private Club and/or restaurants is required. This could be an entry-level position for hospitality students who have completed at least two internships in private clubs (one preferably in a seasonal management position).
A degree in hospitality management is preferred, with hands-on experience and proven growth within private clubs.
Benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability, annual bonus, and membership in CMAA and the local chapter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply