The Shift Supervisor serves as the primary leadership in both business and people during a shift alongside the GM, or AGM if applicable in that location, or on own. The Shift Supervisor should also be fluent and participating in all facets of FOH and BOH operations. The role of Shift Supervisor is considered a key developmental position to future AGM and GM opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff and their work together with GM and AGM to ensure optimum shift to shift performance for guests and team members. However, when on own this individual is the go-to resource and decision maker responsible for all aspects and decisions driving the specific shift.
- Communicates with following shift’s supervisor to ensure a prepared handover of both team and business with forethought and care.
- Daily workforce and cross training adjustments as business levels and needs during the shift vary
- Rallies team and personally provides exceptional Guest Service
- Audits and maintains Quality Food Production and Food Safety with the team
- Maintains and troubleshoots for Safety and Security for all individuals during the shift (guests and team members) as well as the facility
- May assist GM with interviewing and hiring of new Team Members
- Carries out policies and decisions made by Miguel’s management
- Enforce rules and regulations as described in the Miguel’s Restaurants Employee Handbook
- Bilingual (Spanish) understanding and conversational proficiency are a plus
- Maintaining office duties and paperwork as required
- Assist in any other tasks/projects as required
- Shares, teaches and promotes Miguel’s Why, Vision, and Value Statements every day as a role model
- Team management skills and ability to motivate, coach and train team in both BOH and FOH
- Engages in ongoing personal and team development
In order to perform this job successfully, a candidate will need to be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. This individual should also have at least 1-2 years of supervisory experience in the food service industry.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Team management skills / ability to co-ordinate and coach a team
- Effective communication skills and responsibilities
- Technical knowledge and skills (MS Word, Outlook, ATS and more)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & (PSL) Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Free Employee Shift Meal
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to whether conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and consistent with a restaurant environment.
Click Here To Apply