The Product Development Engineer is responsible for our product development, engineering, prototyping, and testing activities to support our current products and to develop a pipeline of innovative new products. Additional activities include product validations, verifications, and testing in support of securing FDA approval for our products. Additional responsibilities include working with vendors in supply chain management, and working closely with surgeons for product line extensions, improvements, and new product lines. Product Development engineers are responsible for design and development of joint replacement implants and instruments from initial concept to product launch and post-launch product support.
Provides technical support for sales, marketing, and the management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with all departments, outside surgeons, vendors, and management to facilitate new product development efforts.
- Prepares solid models, design drawings, released prints, and prototypes.
- Maintains company engineering files, folders, and assets in compliance with QMS.
- Coordinates product testing in support of verification and validations work.
- Travels, as required, for professional conferences, sales support, or visits with designing surgeons.
- Participates in surgeon design meetings.
- Works with the in-house legal department and outside patent attorneys to develop and secure strategic and valuable intellectual properties for the company.
- Develops technical documents, training programs, and technical presentations for customers and/or the sales force.
- Provides surgeons training through technical presentations, one on one meetings.
- Has overall authority/approval of design reviews, first article inspection reports, product design, deviations, MRB disposition, and engineering change orders.
- Performs other duties as requested from time to time.
Reports to President or designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or other related engineering field plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in orthopedic product development or related field.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or other related engineering field plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the orthopedic product development or related field.
Proficient experience with design software packages (Unigraphics, Pro-Engineer, Solidworks, etc.).
Proficient experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are working on site. Masks and social distancing are required. All group meeting are hosted online.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Morgantown, WV 26505 (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- medical product development: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply