Must possess and maintain a current license for the State of Iowa to practice as an RN or LPN
- Experience working with handicapped individuals desirable but not essential
- Be a self-starter and able to function independently as well as follow written and verbal instruction
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities of position
- Communication skills for working with physicians, nursing staff and residents.
- Ability to recognize unusual health or behavioral symptoms and reactions to treatment.
- Basic MS Word and Excel knowledge
- Exude a compassionate, positive, and friendly attitude while observing resident schedules and preferences and when working with other caregivers.
- Must have the physical strength and endurance to perform essential job duties
Assists the Director of Nursing (DON) in:
· Providing supervision and training to direct care staff in nursing procedures and policies needed in the care of residents
· Working with an interdisciplinary team in developing and implementing resident active treatment and nursing plans
· Providing resident observation and documentation
· Administration of medication and injectables as well as treating wounds, bruises, scratches, and other personal cares needing the attention of a medical professional that complies with physician orders
· Transporting and attending residents to medical appointments.
· Responding to emergencies as needed.
· Maintaining forms, charts, and other data for resident cares
· Protecting resident rights
· Performing other direct resident care tasks during staff shortages or as directed by the DON.
- Competitive Wage
- Sign-On Bonus
- Other Periodic Bonuses
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health and Vision Insurance Matching for Qualified Employees
- Group offerings for AFLAC and Dental
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Nursing home
- Current State Nursing License
Nurse Patient Ratio:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply