The Children’s Home of Wheeling is accepting resumes for direct care staff to implement the Residential Treatment program by:
1. Providing the highest level of care and supervision according to the organization’s guidelines.
2. Distribute medications at prescribed intervals as assigned.
3. Strive to create a therapeutic milieu: an environment marked by warmth, empathy and respect
4. Provide supportive counseling as needed.
5. Implementing Individualized Service Plans.
6. Participate in the implementation, and evaluation of behavior management policies and procedures; this includes the knowledge and timely use of crisis intervention technique, and the completion of required reports
7. Observe and monitor client behaviors and hold residents accountable using the established agency interventions
8. Demonstrate knowledge of and timely use of non-violent, physical crisis intervention techniques to physically manage residents who are in danger of harming themselves or others
9. Provide a stable, positive role model for residents; be able to assume an authoritative, parental role, while maintaining a primary helping relationship with residents.
10. Respect others and understand their needs and feelings regardless of race, social, ethnic and religious background; have an attitude and aptitude for nurturing, being patient, and accepting others.
11. Implementing Behavior Management Protocols
12. Demonstrating emotional maturity to deal with youth in care.
13. Facilitating supportive counseling groups and documentation of such.
14. Teaching daily living skills by modeling and through supportive counseling.
15. Providing opportunities for youth to learn self-control and appropriate decision making.
16. Safely performing hands on physical interventions using CPI approved techniques.
17. Actively encourage and participate in spontaneous leisure activities, planned outdoor and indoor recreation.
18. Assisting and monitoring homework assignments and/ or educational projects.
19. Monitoring and instructing youth in diet and food consumption.
20. Ensure residents have adequate clothing and personal supplies; monitor, purchase and distribute these items as assigned.
21. Safely transporting youth in the organization’s vehicles to appointments, activities, work, and meetings as needed.
22. Maintain neat, accurate records and reports of all activities carried out in the management of the residential program.
23. Access locked areas as needed to provide for the safety and security of residents
24. Provide immediate basic first aid and consult medical personnel, if necessary, for any injuries sustained.
25. Support the maintenance of a clean, orderly home; supervise and participate with residents in completing assigned duties and meeting defined housekeeping standards.
26. Report all personal and physical property damage to appropriate administrative personnel using established reports and procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply