The Patient Services Representative is responsible for greeting in a courteous and professional manner all incoming patients, visitors, physicians, vendors or other individuals. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients and coordinating with back-office personnel for timely turnaround. This individual responds to patient questions and concerns, both on the telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork associated with patient registration.
Monday-Friday 9:30 am-6:00 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and registers patients in a friendly and service oriented manner.
- Notifies appropriate team member on patient arrival.
- Obtains proper insurance and patient information, collects signatures and ensures accuracy and completion of necessary documentation.
- Verifies/ updates changes in patient/physician/insurance to ensure proper billing.
- Collects and logs all co-pays and fees.
- Answers/ transfers incoming phone calls.
- Schedules, reschedules or cancels new or current patients, confirms appointments and notifies staff of changes when necessary.
- Enters accurate information in the system.
- Pre-registers, submits reports and documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment, and requests films as needed.
- Gives patients appropriate orientation for preparatory and safety protocols, and provides directions to facilities if needed.
- Responds to patient’s minor questions and concerns, and refer to supervisor when necessary, in an expedient manner.
- Maintains awareness of temperament/mood of patients in lobby in order to ensure optimal service experience and curtail any frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of other patients.
- Communicates delays in appointments in a timely fashion and offers rescheduling in circumstances where delays could be significant.
- Coordinates with the back office staff for timely and effective care of patients.
- Obtains proper authorization and identification prior to release of confidential medical records.
- Uses clerical skills (e.g. filing, organizing, process incoming mail etc).
- Provides management with reports and logs when required.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Must have one of the following: a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong public relations skills, and exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, possess clerical skills, and have the ability to interact effectively with doctors, referring doctors and staff, patients, vendors, peers, and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply