The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional who provides patient care in accordance with the standards, policies, and practices of Enloe Medical Center. The Registered Nurse prioritizes patient needs, coordinates patient care, and collaborates with other members of the patient care team to provide care in accordance with the medical plan of care.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Recovery room or Critical Care experience to include airway management
- Experience in recovering general anesthesia patients
- Current or recent outpatient surgery experience
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS recognition (within one year of hire)
- Current PALS recognition (within one year of hire)
- Certified Peri-Anesthesia nurse (CPAN) and/or Certified Ambulatory Peri-Anesthesia (CAPA)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate technical competence, professional clinical judgment, communication skills and sensitivity for the patient and family in crisis. Must be able to interact professionally and effectively communicate with physicians, staff, patients and the public. Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently. Must have the ability to work in a demanding environment while remaining calm, efficient and focused. Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must have the ability and willingness to actively participate in continuing education programs, unit based QI task forces and actively participates in preceptor programs. Must have the ability to perform as a preceptor in the training of students, and the ability to act as a department resource and a positive role model. Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Click Here To Apply