Diesel Technician (Day Shift) – Position is located in Moncks Corner, SC
Guaranteed 40hrs/week, Benefits after 30 days, Paid weekly, and Opportunity for growth in the company!
Shift: Monday – Friday, 7am-9am Start Time, 10-Hour Days
The Diesel Technician position requires high-level of proficiency and working knowledge related to heavy-duty diesel engine diagnosis, repairs – as well as forklift and pallet Jack repairs. Comprehension of fleet maintenance operations, understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM and DOT inspection experience and knowledge required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to medium to heavy-duty vehicles.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required.
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
- Inspect and perform work on the underparts of vehicles.
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles.
- Interact with clients through both email or phone as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Competencies and Minimum Education
- At least 5 years experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License class “A” or “B “ preferred.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiar with process.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise.
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions – www.ameritfleetsolutions.com
Amerit Fleet Solutions is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities. The national footprint and services provided by Amerit created set a new standard in the Fleet Maintenance Industry and has proven highly effective in reducing costs and building efficiencies with some of the largest corporate fleets in the US.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL A or B (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply