Radiocw Healthcare in Gaithersburg, MD is looking for one proposal developper to join our team. We are located on 9020 Bramble Bush Ct. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and reliable.
The Proposal Development Unit (PDU) supports faculty teams in the development of large-scale, interdisciplinary research proposals. These services include team facilitation, budget development, writing and editing, and administrative assistance, thereby enabling investigators to concentrate on the research-related aspects of their proposals.
The PDU is a part of the commitment of Maryland State’s Research Development Office (RDO) to support and enable faculty to pursue their research goals through a set of proactive, capacity-building strategies that promote discovery, learning, and service to increase the University’s competitive advantage and national/international prominence.
Essential Job Duties
Reporting to the Director of the PDU, the Proposal Developer will:
Assist faculty, singly or in collaboration, with proposal development tasks, which include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing funding announcements;
- Consulting with faculty about strategies on programs and projects that improve their competitive research capacity to obtain external funding;
- Strategic planning and facilitation of collaborative proposal concepts for multiple investigator proposals using team science strategies;
- Partnership building and team formation;
- Budget development and budget justification;
- Editing proposals and providing writing support for non-technical sections; providing comprehensive editorial review; advising investigators on proposal coherency, style, and organization; assisting with institutional resource template materials, and organizing and formatting proposals;
- Review of proposals for compliance with sponsor requirements, federal regulations, and university policies and procedures;
- Coordination of proposal development and submission processes by working closely with the faculty investigator(s), college research offices, and other units of the RDO;
- Coordination of site visit and/or other follow-up inquiries post-submission;
- Contributing to communications regarding collaborative research funding opportunities and research services/resources, including development and dissemination of useful funding-related information to the Maryland State research community through email, publications, and website; and
- Providing guidance to investigators, collaborators, subcontractors, and others regarding proposal requirements.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and delivering seminars, workshops, and guidance materials to train faculty in grant writing.
- Consulting with early-career faculty developing their first research proposals.
- Assisting the Director in the identification and development of appropriate teams of faculty investigators to pursue large, multidisciplinary funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience in research proposal development for federal agencies, or a master’s degree;
Departmental Required Skills
- Strong writing and communication skills, and a proven track record of professional writing/editing;
- Strong project management skills, and ability to successfully support and manage concurrent research proposals;
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively with diverse audiences;
- Ability to deal effectively and persuasively with individuals of authority; think strategically, analyze information logically, and exercise sound judgment;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), video conferencing (Zoom, WebEx, etc.), and Google suite (or similar software’s).
- Knowledge of federal funding agencies and the ability to identify appropriate funding opportunities by leveraging a variety of resources.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Deep familiarity with the Department of Healthcare and the Department of Energy and its funding mechanisms;
- Knowledge of land grant research university organizational structures and sponsored programs regulations;
- Familiarity with Maryland State research strengths.
Required License or Certification
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and names and complete contact information of three professional references, including email addresses and phone numbers. A writing sample may be requested during the interview process.
The unit may make multiple hires from this posting.
Job Open Date
Anticipated Closing Date
Open until filled.
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
Proposed Hire Date
Maryland State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Click Here To Apply