Acute Care/ER Nurse
Full Time – Nights
Brief Description of Job:
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned patients.
- Provides professional nursing care to these patients incorporating the nursing process, the environment, technical equipment and health care members.
- Responsible for meeting the Medicare requirements for Nursing Practice, Standards of Care and established policies and procedures.
- Works effectively with the health care team.
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient’s care plan in coordination with the physician.
- Provides total patient care.
- Provides patient/family or care giver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional and environmental health problems.
- Supervises health care members (i.e., licensed practical nurses, nurse aides, EMT’s) with patients.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for patient records.
- Utilizing the nursing process, plans and directs care of the emergency patient.
- Works independently with limited direct supervision using the Nurse Practice Act, Ringgold County Hospital Policies, Nursing Standards and professional judgment.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance and use, i.e., IV Pumps, monitoring equipment, drainage/suction devices, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient/personnel information.
- Initiates emergency support measures, ACLS, protecting patient from injury.
- Works assigned shift/shifts, weekends and holidays, as scheduled.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current licensure for the State of Iowa
- Maintains continuing education requirements consistent with the State of Iowa for re-licensure.
- Participates in educational pursuits such as conferences and literature to maintain and update professional knowledge, skills and management techniques.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and privacy of patient and employee information.
Ringgold County Hospital’s application form is available online for you to submit.
You can email your resume and/or employment application to [email protected]
You can mail your resume or a completed employment application to:
Ringgold County Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
504 N. Cleveland
Mt. Ayr, Iowa 50854-2201
As of July 1, 2015
Ringgold County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a variety of competitive benefits for full and part-time employees.
RCH participates in the Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS). As of July 1, 2013, 5.95% of the employee’s gross wages are withheld from each paycheck and sent to IPERS along with 8.93% percent of the employee’s gross wages that are contributed by the hospital.
Additional retirement planning, in the form of deferred compensation, is made available through payroll deduction. Interested employees should speak with the Personnel Department.
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Full-time and regular part-time employees of Ringgold County Hospital are eligible for coverage on the first of the month following the completion of thirty (30) days of employment.
Employees of Ringgold County Hospital are eligible to enroll in group term life and travel accident insurance at the end of their orientation period.
Additional Insurance Coverage
Employees also have the option to enroll in hospital indemnity, personal sickness indemnity, accident insurance and cancer insurance through AFLAC.
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Employees of the hospital are eligible for benefits derived from short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability plans. Pamphlets and information on STD/LTD are available in the Personnel Department.
Paid Time Off
Ringgold County Hospital provides for vacation, personal, sick time and holidays in the form of paid time off (PTO). Employees begin earning PTO immediately and are eligible to use their PTO following successful completion of the orientation period. Full-time employees earn PTO at the rate of 5.54 hours per pay period.
Employees working on one of the seven holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day—shall receive time and a half for time worked on the holiday.
Flexible Benefits Plan
RCH has a flexible benefits plan that allows employees to pay for health insurance premiums, qualifying medical expenses and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. Employees may enroll for benefits within thirty (30) days of their employment-eligibility date or at the annual open enrollment period each December.
Direct Payroll Deposit
Employees of Ringgold County Hospital may enroll in the direct deposit program, opting to have their paychecks directly deposited into their bank accounts.
Click Here To Apply