AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager in our Vineland, NJ facility. The HR Manager will work at the plant level, and administer over the daily human resources activities, while also serving as the human resources liaison between the plant and the corporate office.
Benefits: At AJM, our comprehensive benefits package truly sets us apart. This position is eligible for company paid medical insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental insurance, vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching plan, tuition reimbursement and employee referral programs. Plus, AJM provides company paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
- Directly participate in the recruiting, interviewing, and selection process at the plant level.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Respond to inquiries regarding human resources-related policies, procedures, and programs. Advise plant staff as to appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and inform the corporate office of any non-standard issues or events that may require additional attention.
- Ensure performance reviews for the plant are conducted in a proper and timely manner.
- Maintain records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, performance reviews, and terminations, as well as, injury summaries for the purpose of preparing intra-company reports or mandated government reports.
- Issue disciplinary actions as required. Ensure that the disciplinary progression is followed and each disciplinary action is properly documented. Track disciplinary actions and demerit points for each employee.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and when plausible, conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. As applicable, recommend ways to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Assist corporate office in the implementation and initiation of any new or changing human resources policy, procedure or program at the plant level.
- Coordinate safety training and compliance for all plants. Keep plants up-to-date of any changes in safety requirements and regulations and order safety-related materials as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate processing of documentation for benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, and other leaves of absence.
- Directly supervise two employees. Responsibilities include: designating work assignments; providing instruction; reviewing work; establishing deadlines; conducting performance appraisals; and addressing and resolving issues.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of work schedules.
- Investigate accidents and prepare injury reports for insurance carrier. Provide immediate notice to corporate office of any severe injuries.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or a related field
- 10 + years of human resources experience with 5 or more years in a management role
- Experience in a manufacturing/plant environment with a focus on employee relations
- Possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of work rules, employment law and related safety guidelines
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is highly preferred
About AJM Packaging Corporation: AJM Packaging is one of the nation?s leading manufacturers of disposable paper products including paper plates, cups, bowls, and bags. For more than 60 years, we have invested in our company and our people. We are proud to create over 3,000 jobs in our eight manufacturing plants strategically located across the USA, and our corporate office in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Despite our growth, we are still a family-owned and operated business and we remain committed to providing the reliable service and quality that has been important to AJM since the day our founders started the business.
Career Development: At AJM, we realize we will only go as far as our employees take us and, for that reason, we invest millions of dollars every year on both classroom and on-the-job training to develop our employees? skills and promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement. There are no barriers to impede your progress here and no ceilings to halt your advance. You?ll control your own destiny and we will help you reach your full potential with both in-house development programs and tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate level college studies. See where your AJM journey will take you.
Working at AJM during COVID-19: AJM is proud to have been designated a critical infrastructure employer and, as such, has remained open throughout the global pandemic supplying disposable paper products and packaging to supermarkets, club stores, restaurants, pharmacies and other retailers, wholesalers, distributors and institutions. In order to fulfill our customer commitments and our obligation to the country, we had to, first, ensure the health and safety of our dedicated employees while they were on the job. Towards that end we quickly developed and installed a robust Coronavirus containment and mitigation program employing all the tools at our disposal, including, but not limited to, face masks, gloves, daily temperature checks and questionnaires, common touchpoint sanitation, testing, contact tracing and quarantine.
Application Process: For immediate consideration, apply directly, send your resume/information to [email protected], or call us at 833.562.7256.
AJM Packaging Corporation is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and as an equal opportunity employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin or other legally protected status
Click Here To Apply