PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE.
This is a per-diem, when required position providing COVID-19 Testing as a means of prevention of spread within their facilities and job sites in various locations in Los Angeles, CA, based on your availability and schedule. This position may become full-time depending on client volume. A Registered Nurse or medical professional is desired. Non-medical professionals with previous experience performing nasopharyngeal, oral, nasal nares or saliva testing is a strong plus.
The COVID-19 Medical Tester is a role specifically operating within the protocols established for screening humans for possible infection utilizing individual questionnaires and acquisition of samples including but not limited to, nasal sample, oral samples and saliva samples.
Strict protocols for administering objective tests, including interpretation of on-site results (if applicable) must be followed as listed within the testing protocols. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shall be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Duties shall be performed primarily in an external work environment
- Document findings and results of the Medical Testing and Screening as stated within the protocol (depending upon the need/requirement for objective testing).
- Experience acquiring samples of potentially infectious bodily secretions from individuals after obtaining consent for testing via multiple different methods (including but not limited to: nasal swabs (various types), oral swabs, saliva samples, and fingerstick blood sampling.
- Ensure safe delivery of lab samples to courier, when required
- Adhere to strict PPE requirements for providers performing testing on potentially infectious bodily secretions.
- If testing and analysis is to be performed on site, while following strict protocols and instructions established by the test manufacturer and analyze the samples acquired for testing purposes.
- Interpret according to clear and established protocols test results if performed on-site and document accordingly
- Comply with laws and regulations regarding confidentiality and privacy of information collected
- Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols while remaining cognizant of appropriate reporting requirements (State, Local and Federal) requirements (established per site).
- Accurately document findings and results of the Medical Testing and Screening
- Mature judgement, tact, attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality are mandatory.
- Requires a professional, pleasant and effective representation of the corporation.
- Experience labelling specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Ability to speak/write clearly and directly while effectively communicating with global service providers, clients and clinical providers via phone and email.
- Collect lab results and ensure safe delivery of lab samples
- Remain compliant with company HIPAA annual training.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with experience acquiring samples as listed within the essential duties; or
- Medical Assistant or similar; or
- Past experience performing COVID-19 testing a strong plus
Note: Actual licensing requirements are dependent upon individual state regulations and may vary based on location.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must submit to and pass a urinalysis test and a criminal background clearance as a pre-condition for employment.
General computer literacy and proficiency required
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires working outdoors and indoors, and standing while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for an extended period of time.
This position consists of shift work. Typical shifts are as short as 2 hours and as long as 12 hours per day, a mixture of day shifts, and night shifts as required by the client site. Shifts are primarily day shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
We provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves, isolation gowns and sanitizer for your health and safety.
Click Here To Apply