Position: Tool and Die Maker/Assembler (Apprenticeship Available)
Reports to: Team Leader / Shop Floor Manager
Position Description: Provide high quality construction ability, meeting company and customer standards in a timely and cost efficient manner working in a team environment.
- This position works under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Physical effort required.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses required on the shop floor
- Additional PPE is required and available for various job duties
- Work performed on the manufacturing floor
- Travel may be required
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in building Line, Transfer, Gang and Progressive tooling for sheet metal dies
- Develop skills in component build and conventional build
- Develop skills to Identify and solve problems
- Implement fixes in best practice
- Work autonomously, yet be team oriented in problem and solution discussion
- Learn to discover and solve die issues as related to product quality problems
- Press operations
- Assist tryout: spotting and set timing; work drawing operation as related to metal flow and formability, troubleshoot problematic tools in press
- Run tool room equipment
- Welding as required
- Commitment to continuous improvements
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Awareness of overall department interaction and setup in order to improve efficiency
- All employees are responsible for the quality of the product, process or service they provide and to report any nonconformity to team leader for review.
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed by company or customer requirements
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the knowledge, skill and abilities required to be successful in performing the duties of this position.
- Additional training may be provided by the company as needed
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operate the following equipment: (training)
- CNC Machines
- Manual Machine Equipment
- Fork Truck
- P/C and printer
- Application software: Windows, Microsoft Office, Current Business Systems, photocopier, Data Scanner
- Other equipment as needed to perform job duties * Develop skills to have the ability to use judgment and initiative in selecting the most effective work methods/tools to determine a proper course of action to achieve the best possible result. Answers to problems may not always be readily available or apparent, requiring searching out examples or historical practice.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; business English and grammar sufficient to write and edit business material
- Background in tool and die industry a plus.
Cameron Tool is an Employee Owned Company
Medical, Dental, Vision available
401 (k) plan
STD/LTD, Life insurance
Tuition Reimbursement and training
Earned Holiday and Vacation pay
Employee tool purchase program
Marketplace Chaplains employee support
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
COVID Screening protocols are in place before entering the facility. Hand sanitizer, cleaning products and masks are available and social distancing is required.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- working in a manufacturing facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC milling machine or tool and die making: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Cameron Tool Corporation
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply