Pain Therapy Associates is looking for a strong billing specialist with pain management billing experience.
The primary duties will include but not limited to procedure prior authorizations, charge posting, fixing claim rejection errors, resolving claim edits, working relevant billing reports, following up with payers on underpaid and denied claims, and cash-posting.
- Perform pre-certification functions for necessary carriers.
- Review patient accounts ensuring claims are accurate and billable.
- Daily claims auditing.
- Identify and resolve claim edits and understand billing guidelines and payer requirements.
- Answer questions from patients about their bills and answer questions from other teammates.
- Proactively fix claim rejection errors and resubmit claims based on payer requirements. Initiate contact and respond to inquiries from various external sources.
- Comply with all government and third-party payers regulatory mandated requirements for billing and collections.
- Monitor payer compliance per contractual agreements, make appropriate contractual allowance and adjustments to account balances based upon contracted reimbursement rates.
- Ability to maintain HIPPA guidelines.
- Two (2) years of patient billing experience, preferably in a medical setting. Experience with computerized medical billing required. Preferably Athena. .
- Knowledge of revenue and ICD10 language and terminology (pain management experience preferred).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of how to read EOB (Explanation of Benefits)
- Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to be self-directed with great time and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a high school diploma, an associate degree or business degree a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Pain Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Billing: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Click Here To Apply