Crane Aerospace & Electronics has a unique and exciting career opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics Intern on the Sensing & Power Systems Engineering Team at our Lynnwood, WA campus.
Students enrolled in accredited Universities with specific Power Electronics Programs are highly desired and will be given top consideration. The intent is for the Intern to work full time during one full quarter/semester, preferably Winter Semester or as soon as possible. Projects could support a varying structure of remote and onsite work.
Electrical Engineer Intern Position Overview:
The EE Intern will perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, documenting and developing electronic or electrical products and systems used for a manufactured product or transmission. Electrical engineers carry out extensive analyses on new product designs to ensure efficiency, reliability and quality. The EE Intern will use computer-assisted engineering, design and analysis software and equipment to perform daily assignments. Electrical engineering principles and techniques will be applied to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
Electrical Engineer Intern Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering work in basic and applied research, development/design of new or sustaining products.
- Work includes the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuits for use within electronics and/or aerospace equipment, devices, and systems.
- Perform detailed circuit analysis to verify design compliance to specific performance targets. Analysis to include computer aided modeling and the generation of schematics.
- Prepare and review technical reports/documentation necessary to satisfy customer, internal and program requirements, including specifications, design documents, test plans/procedures, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Provide diagnostic support to manufacturing on new and existing products.
- Motor Controller:
- Analysis & documentation of Modularity Concept
- Simulating and modelling of controller, motor, and pump dynamics
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) case studies for applying MBSE to Crane systems and products including writing & validating requirements using models
- Reliability Improvements
- Research fielded performance versus predicted performance
- Common failure modes for fielded products based on field returns
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) profiles vs. infant mortalities of products
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering.
- Must provide GPA, minimum accepted 3.1 on a 4.0 scale
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess effective interpersonal skills in a team environment
- Must be project-oriented and be able to multi-task
- Knowledge/proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to fulfill a one quarter or semester internship commitment, 40 hours per week
- Available to work full-time during the agreed upon semester session
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. As a US Department of Defense contractor we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
As an intern at Crane Aerospace & Electronics, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as manufacturing, engineering, and lean principles). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting employees with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company’s internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
The intern will have a unique experience of interacting directly with senior level engineers working on products in various stages of their life cycle. The intern will get exposure to research, design, development, and production. Responsibilities and tasks will be tailored to the applicant’s abilities.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to employment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.
Click Here To Apply