The Assistant Manager is expected to assist the Manager in leading a group of employees in a manner which ensures delivery of World Class customer service, and an entertaining environment that blends together to create a seamless dining experience resulting in increased customer loyalty, real cover growth and improved operating margins. The Assistant Manager of the outlet should lead by example and create an environment where all guests and employees feel comfortable, welcome and special.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Show strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Assists the Ice Cream Parlor manager with all facets of running the restaurant operation and completes all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned within set timelines.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the team to maintain high standards of food, beverage and service.
- Assists in interviewing, hire, train, recommends evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation while maximizing service levels and achieving a profitable result.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, and equipment and labor costs.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the employees in the department.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associates at all levels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Observe food and beverage product quality by smell, taste, and appearance. Contact appropriate individuals when quality is not up to standards.
- Ensure staff adherence to policies and practices regarding the use of the POS system.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings, daily shift meetings, and ensures staff attendance at all company scheduled communication meetings and training classes.
- Maintain overall restaurant equipment, linen, uniforms, etc. Ensure uniform standards, appearance standards, cleanliness, safety, and other established rules, guidelines, policies, and practices are met consistently.
- Controls the inventories of food, beverage, and non-food supplies.
- Handles all accidents and resolves customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment.
- Ensures the security of monies, credit and financial transactions and all POS systems.
- Replenishes all supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coaches employees on how to resolve guest issues and de-escalate conflicts.
- Implements new menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School diploma, GED or comparable experience.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Ice Cream, Shakes and Sundaes preferred.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience (2 years) in a high volume, upscale casino or resort/hotel operation managing a restaurant staff of at least 15. Experience working with Ice Cream Parlor is plus
- Read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be computer literate.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
Click Here To Apply