Primary Location: 6455 Best Friend Rd, Norcross, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Evening Job
Requisition Number: 206931
The part-time Packaging Associate will report to the Foreman and under close leadership will perform a variety of insert functions. This position is responsible for providing materials handling and set up for newspaper Packaging Insert equipment. This position supports the Machine Operator by ensuring supplies are available and ready to be feed into the machine. The Production Worker will receive instruction from the Machine Operator.
- All new hire production workers begin working in the hopper feeder position. The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following: HOPPER FEEDER PERSONNEL
- Place preprints and jackets ranging from two page tabloid products to standard size products of 100 pages or more in hopper feeder machine.
- Maintain quality and prevent product waste by ensuring all usable (feedable) parts are inserted into machine and stacked properly. For example jackets, comics, magazines, TV Weeks, Extras, and all preprinted advertising.
- Maintain insert machine operation by continuously placing product in machine and immediately respond to machine stops by following established procedures.
- Ensure that all electric joggers are shut- off during lunch and coffee breaks, and at the end of the shift. (Note: Inserters are not responsible for shut off of machine at the end of shift-this will be performed by the machine operator.)
- Promptly inform jack operators when product supply is low, i.e. last layer on skid.
- Remove empty skids to assigned location, to enable placement of a full skid.
- Report to operator’s desk immediately when rotating to or working on a dead head for reassignment. After gaining experience in the above duties, opportunities may be available for additional training to then be able to work in other positions including those which operate stacker, palletizer, or jack equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
- Experience Forklift or pallet jack experience a plus
- Warehouse and/or production experience desired
- Good communication and interpersonal (people) skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse- team environment
- Ability to take, read and follow instructions
- Ability to work overtime, and on holidays when required
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a 24/7 production/warehouse environment
- Position requires the ability stand and work with hand and eye coordination, work in noisy production environment, and work independently in a close, diverse group setting
- Candidates selected will be expected to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift and weekends
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Click Here To Apply