The Education Director directs the planning, delivery, assessment, and ongoing improvement of the program for the CARD Academy. The Education Director creates policies, manages staff and oversees daily operations. The director is the lead administrator of the school and handles problems with staff and students. They develop the curriculum and ensure the school meets any standards set by law. Other duties include teaching classes as needed, determining spending responsibilities and making admission decisions with support from the administrator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs program services for all students in the school
- Works in collaboration with the Teachers to develop student programs
- Serves as an active member of the management team.
- Promotes the school’s mission, philosophy and vision.
- Maintains professional communication and image for the school.
- Provides staff leadership. Engenders staff enthusiasm and teamwork.
- Promotes a safe, efficient and effective working/learning environment.
- Directs program development.
- Helps manage the instructional program. Promotes academic excellence in accordance with the philosophy of the school.
- Facilitates staff orientation process. Expresses high expectations and provides support to improve staff performance.
- Monitors education laws, rules and regulations to facilitate compliance with legal mandates.
- Ensures that students IEPs are delivered accurately and in accordance with all district and state requirements.
- Assists with student testing as required by state law.
- Participates in parent conferences and student planning meetings as needed.
- Helps staff resolve problems that impeded student participation in appropriate learning activities.
- Helps with behavior management and implementation of BIPs including crisis plans.
- BCBA or BCBA in process is preferred.
- Virginia Teacher Licensure preferred
- Experience teaching or student teaching special education students including the development of curriculum , modification of curriculum and the development of the IEP process
- Knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and other research based methodologies for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Ability to maintain appropriate records, work and communicate effectively with students, parents, school districts and administrators
- Physical abilities to effectively work with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders who may have behavioral challenges so that the safety of the students and staff are assured.
- Completion of training in CARD’s SKILLS online assessment and curriculum to guide students programs
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Exceptional training program
- Educational Assistance Program, Master’s in Psychology program and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preparation program, licensure internship hours
- For qualifying employees, benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program, 401K, earned paid vacation, sick and holiday pay, educational assistance program and corporate discount programs
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- ABA / Autism: 1 year (Preferred)
- VA Teaching (Preferred)
- BCBA (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply