At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In hospice, you’ll be a true advocate for patients at the end of life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient’s plan of care.
- Provides personal care services per state/federal rules, regulations, and/or standards.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with the normal range of motion and positioning and doing household chores.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, including shopping and assisting with feeding, as assigned.
- Performs homemaking and other environmental services as assigned.
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patient’s status. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the primary nurse.
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports changes in patient’s body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate emergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infection control, handling of hazardous wastes, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes and other required documents per care center policy.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care prepared by a registered nurse in accordance with the Plan of Care. Written instructions are to be received prior to the delivery of services.
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed per nurse or therapist.
- Provides respite for patient’s family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Performs and records simple urine tests for sugar, acetane, and albumin.
- Attends funerals/call hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or care center setting.
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Hospice Aide (HA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 418.76. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the care center.
Upon hire, will have completed one of the following:
- Training (at least 75-hours) and competency evaluation, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 42CFR 418.76 (b) & (c).
- A competency evaluation program that meets the requirements of 42CFR 418.76 (c).
- A nurse aide (at least 75-hours) training and competency evaluation program approved by the State as meeting the requirements of • 483.151 through • 483.154, and is currently listed in good standing on the State nurse aide registry.
- A State licensure program [42CFR 418.76(a)(1)(iv)].
- Has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse assistant (and as per state certification/ registration requirements).
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Alaska, California, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., and Wyoming require state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide, or proof of registry as required.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Click Here To Apply