The Continuing Education Fire/EMS department at Barry University is currently seeking adjunct faculty to add to our roster of contract faculty for assignments in our training and professional development programs on an as-needed basis.
Adjunct Faculty in the Fire/EMS program educate, train, and professionally develop students in no credit courses. Adjuncts are responsible for activities directly related to scheduled instruction. This can include lecture, labs, clinical, performance and couching assignments, and student assessment and testing.
Adheres to applicable state training pre-requisites for specific programs
- Emergency Medical Services AHA- Heart saver/AED ACLS, BLS, PALS
- ACLS Instructor PALS Instructor
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Fire Officer I/II/III/IV
- Fire safety Inspector
- Bachelor’s degree EMS/FIRE or related field or submission and/or approved variance from the State of Florida is required.
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Emergency Services instructors must hold instructor certification in BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- EMT and Paramedic instructors must meet the minimum requirements as outlines in the Florida Department of Health, Chapter 64J-1 Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Officer and Fire safety Inspector instructors must meet the minimum requirements as outlines in the Florida State Fire College, Bureaus of Fire Standard and Training guidelines
- NAEMT instructors must hold certification in PHTLS, AMLS, TCC and TFR
- Intermediate experience using MS Office Suite
- Must effectively communicate with various constituents in a professional manner, both verbal and written
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Click Here To Apply