Cuts, stains, mounts and studies specimens of human tissue to provide data on the functioning of tissues and organs, causes and/or progress of disease. Prepares microscopic slides for diagnostic purposes, performs diagnostic tests, maintains laboratory equipment and records following established accreditation guidelines and quality control standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares and stains specimens of human body tissue according to established procedures.
2. Prepares solutions, performs special mountings and stains and performs related service duties.
3. Processes multiple tissue types by embedding, microtomy, frozen section, IHC and special stains.
- Baccalaureate degree in the biological sciences, chemistry or in medical technology, or completion of a histotechnology (HTL) program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Registry eligible as a histotechnologist, HTL(ASCP) certification from the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) required within 1 year of hire date
Primary Location Michigan-Flint-Central Lab
Work Locations Central Lab 4000 South Saginaw St Flint 48507
Organization MHG00-McLaren Homecare Group
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Job Level Entry Level
Shift Day Job
On Call No
Click Here To Apply