Department: Experience & Engagement
Supervisor: Manager, Experience
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Travel: 0-5% (Travel will resume once it becomes safe to do so per current health guidance)
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PT (May require work outside of standard business hours (to include weekends and nights) to support IFM’s events, and growing customer base.)
The Experience Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that every IFM customer is happy and satisfied. The Coordinator serves as a first primary point of contact for incoming phone, email, and web chat communications from IFM customers, which include patients, practitioners, students, industry contacts, and other members of the ecosystem, providing exceptional, white glove customer service in every interaction. This role will contribute to, support, and implement projects related to IFM’s Experience Team goals. It requires an understanding of customer service best practices, a positive demeanor, skills in organization, collaboration, communication, and the ability to develop a working knowledge of IFM’s products, services, and departmental functions. In this role, the Experience Coordinator will work independently and as part of a team, interacting across all of IFM and using common sense, organizational knowledge, and expertise to solve problems, relying on regular communication with the Manager. A capacity to apply a sense of urgency to tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining supreme attention to detail and a creative eye are also integral qualities.
- Provide excellent relationship-driven customer service while working in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Process transactions for conferences and products available on our website, accurately applying discount codes as appropriate;
- Become an expert in and uphold all company policies and best practices;
- Maintain knowledge of systems and ability to troubleshoot basic technical account issues;
- Maintain daily phone and email log that provides information on customer inquiries with a high level of accuracy;
- Document customer details in database to ensure accurate record keeping and reporting;
- Distill qualitative information into weekly quantitative reports to summarize customer interactions at a high level;
- Update and create internal SOPs for new or revised systems or processes used when working with customers;
- Create and update documents with common responses to repeat questions received from customers for shared internal use;
- Collect information on all IFM products and have the ability to find that information swiftly when responding to customers;
- Identify gaps in processes, innovate to resolve gaps, and execute the necessary resolutions;
- Maintain detailed understanding and continuous updated knowledge of organizational information, collaborating across all departments, to be the hub of knowledge for IFM customers, and international partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Communications or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ customer service experience required.
- Previous work with multi-state, multi-office coordination preferred.
- Must have demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Ability to efficiently handle 100-200 incoming calls, emails, and chats per week;
- Type at least 60 WPM;
- Excellent skills in relationship-driven customer service, organization, and communication;
- Demonstrated ability to relate to, anticipate, and communicate the customer’s perspective to make decisions that may have an impact across multiple departments and outside IFM;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, utilizing excellent grammar and professional tone for customers and partners across multiple geographical locations, including international locations;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to engage in skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry, over the phone, in person, and via electronic media;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team on communication processes, goals, schedules, and outcomes;
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software such as HupSpot, CRM, Box, Airtable, and Asana.
- Produce or conceptualize elements of innovation, utility, and imagination towards project improvement, insight, or reflection.
- Provide general support to Event & Experience Managers and Associate Director;
- Adjust to changing priorities and responsibilities as project and program demands grow and develop;
- As needed, provide support with set-up, registration, sales, take-down, customer support, and post-event follow-up and evaluations at IFM conferences;
- Assist with the creation and delivery of materials for in-person and live-stream educational programs.
- Provide event assistance with live stream chat moderation;
- This role may perform duties not listed in the essential functions, but which are essential to the Experience Coordinator.
- 11 paid holidays plus a personal day annually
- Paid medical, dental and vision insurance (dependent coverage offered at a competitive monthly premium)
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) with generous contribution
- Complementary registration to an annual IFM program.
What We Do
Functional Medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, evidence-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness.
The Institute for Functional Medicine works to advance the highest expression of individual health through the widespread adoption of Functional Medicine. To achieve this goal, our work is primarily focused in these five areas:
1. Education. We train Functional Medicine clinicians to act as change agents in reversing the epidemic of chronic disease.
2. Access. We facilitate the broadest possible integration of Functional Medicine into the global healthcare system.
3. Economics. We ensure that the practice of Functional Medicine is economically viable for providers, patients, and payers.
4. Collaboration & Development. We create and support key alliances that advance IFM’s mission to make Functional Medicine the standard of care.
5. Research. We catalyze and facilitate clinical research that supports the Functional Medicine model.
Why Join Us?
Do Work That Matters. We are changing the way medicine is practiced and transforming the health (and lives) of millions of people around the world. Every single day, you get to impact the quality of high patient care by helping our team stay informed about emerging research trends as well as supporting literacy efforts throughout the organization.
We Set the Standard. And we continually push those standards to new heights, winning us the respect of the industry, as well as the loyalty and engagement of a rapidly growing customer base.
Support and Contribute to a Passionate, Motivated Team. Our team is hungry and inspired and we want you to be too. Strive to grow with us.
Interested in Applying?
Please submit a Word or PDF copy of your resume and any other additional materials.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Click Here To Apply