HEALING OUR VILLAGE, INC.
WELLNESS COACH / COMMUNITY OUTREACH
SUMMARY: Full time Position (10-15 hours per week)
Under general supervision, provides community outreach activities and screening for patients that have chronic diseases. Provide basic health information on diabetes and heart disease per a written script.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Contractor will provide the following services:
- Provide telephonic outreach and home visits to targeted patients to facilitate enrollment into the Wellness Connexions™ program.
- Provide on-site screening for height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, blood glucose and blood glucose.
- Provide training in the appropriate use of self-monitoring tools (blood glucose monitors, blood pressure cuffs, etc.)
- Provide BASIC diabetes education using a standardized script.
- Facilitate telehealth appointment with the Clinical Pharmacist and Dietician
- Complete home visit log sheet and monthly report of community outreach activities
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Certificate from accredited Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Technician program
Certified Diabetes Prevention Lifestyle Coach (Preferred)
Valid Driver License with insurance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and their family members
- Friendly and outgoing personality
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in the field (home visits) and at the pharmacy (making phone calls).
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
Click Here To Apply