Job SummaryVitalis, a division of Molina Healthcare, seeksFamily Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) to join its growing team which willcontribute to the company mission to bring quality health care to theunder-served. The Vitalis FPs focus on screening and preventive primary careservices delivered in the home, community and nursing facility settings. As aclinician, you will have the rewarding experience of providing needed care inthe environment that patients feel most comfortable and are most receptive.This is a special opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives ofvulnerable people.The FNP-C will be required to work primarily innon-clinical settings and provide medical care to all levels of patients. Someprograms may focus on specific populations (eg, adult and geriatric,pediatric).The FNP will work in collaboration with his/hersupervising physicians. He/she will perform comprehensive medical assessments,post-partum and quality visits, formulate treatment plans, and obtainspecialists’ consultations as needed, and do appropriate documentations asrequired. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a team-based approach tocare and support each member of the team being trained to meet the highestlevel of function allowed by state law.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Engage in practices constituting the practice ofmedicine in collaboration with and under the medical direction andsupervision of a licensed physician to the degree required by state laws.He/she may also function as and perform all duties reasonably expected andassigned to an Rn and FNP.
- Work as a partner with his/her supervising physician.The NP is responsible for initiating collaboration, as it is needed.
- The NP is responsible for knowing when a patient needsphysician oversight and when the patient’s medical condition may be beyondthe scope of knowledge of the NP.
Specific duties andfunctions\\:
- May provide general medical care to various and/orspecific patient levels adults and geriatric
- Perform comprehensive evaluations including history andphysical exams for risk adjustment and other regulatory assessments
- Address both chronic and acute primary care complaints,and able to ascertain medical urgency
- Establish and document reasonable medical diagnoses
- Seek specialty consultation as appropriate
- Order pertinent diagnostic laboratory and radiologytesting for the medical diagnosis or presenting symptom; able to workwithin an environment of limited resources and therefore uses diagnostictests judiciously and appropriately
- Discuss unusual or unclear symptoms or results withconsulting physician in a timely manner
- Accept feedback and direction from the supervisingphysician
- Create and implements a medical plan of care
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures withinhis/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practiceagreement and written protocol with the supervising physician
- Prescribe medications as appropriate
- Remain knowledgeable on current therapies
- Perform timely documentation in medical records in anelectronic medical record computer system
- Master’s degree in family medicine nursing from anaccredited nursing program (MSN-FNP)
- Previous experience as a licensed clinician providingcare in a home health, hospice or palliative care setting
- 3-5 Years as Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum 7 years clinical nursing experience
Required License,Certification, Association
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner program at theMaster’s level with certification
- Current state-issued license to practice as a NursePractitioner
- Must meet credentialing requirements established fornurse practitioners (Master’s Degree in Nursing and National Certificationfrom one of the following organizations\\: American Academy of NursePractitioners or American Credentialing Center)
- Master’s degree major in family, gerontology or behavioralhealth
- Previous experience as Nurse Practitioner, 7+ Years
- Extensive home health experience with low incomepopulations, especially in management of chronic conditions
- Bilingual and bi-cultural
To all current Molina employees\\: If you areinterested in applying for this position, please apply through the Intranet joblisting.Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefitsand compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer(EOE) M/F/D/V.
Associated topics: arnp c, assessments, crna, family medicine, fnp, locum, practitioner, prn, spanish, specialis
Long Beach, California, United States of America
12/19/2018 2:28:44 PM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.