Responsible for (1) advising and assisting students, faculty and staff on all aspects of F & J visas and serves as the school’s Designated School Official (DSO) for International Students, as an Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for Exchange Visitors and their dependents, and as the Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Registrar; (2) advising, counseling and assisting international students and scholars on matters related to university life and the U.S. study experience; and, (3) advising student groups and supporting student activities and programs.
1. Prepares immigration documents for International Students, Exchange Visitors, and their dependents to apply to the United States Embassies or Consulates for their U.S visas as they prepare to travel to the United States to study.
2. Issues Forms DS-2019 and I-20 and maintains the immigration records of University-sponsored F/J visa holders including their dependents through fsaATLAS.
3. Establishes, maintains, and updates confidential papers and electronic files in accordance with University’s policies, U.S. Federal & State Regulations, SEVIS and other mandated guidelines to meet federal audit tests and filing timelines.
4. Serves as University’s advisor to individuals and departments with regard to immigration regulations, campus policies and visa standings as well as serves as campus advisor to hiring non-immigrants.
5. Stays abreast of immigration rules and procedures to provide current and reliable information to campus community.
6. Provides updated information for IPS website to ensure that it is current and accurate.
7. Provides assistance and information on immigration and prepares and assembles immigration documents to meet needs of campus community.
8. Plans, develops, coordinates, implements and conducts practical training workshops to provide information, instruction, or explain subjects of interest to international audience.
9. Provides Ad-Hoc reporting as requested or assigned.
10. Serves as an advisor and mentor to international students and scholars and assists with orientation and other International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) programming events.
11. Under the guidance and support of the Director, develops and implements programs and services to support the international population both independently and in collaboration with campus colleagues and offices.
12. Supports the Director with creating, implementing, and enhancing ISSS programs.
13. Drafts important documentation, for Director’s review and approval, to keep the University and international population informed. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident per federal regulations governing who can serve as Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO).
- Two (2) years of work experience providing support to business operations.
- Experience in a student centered or public service environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience working with immigration laws and applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SEVIS (immigration database).
- Knowledge of current and pending F & J Visa requirements.
- Ability to manage large database for tracking of international students, staff and faculty.
- Proficient with typical office computer software programs including MS Office and Excel.
- Ability to provide Ad-Hoc Reporting.
- Ability to communicate technical/ specific information accurately and completely.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural issues and issues of diversity and ability to work well with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds/experiences required.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage competing tasks timely and successfully.
- Interest in and willingness to work with data and processes that have direct impact on institutional operations.
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility, but also work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Interest in and commitment to professional development.
- Ability to solve problems, react quickly, and manage stressful situations.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours. May require limited work during non-business hours.
Hiring Range Min $18.09 per hour to Mid $23.96 per hour, non-exempt Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below