Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Offer social service support to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment during end-of-life
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, contribute and support a highly collaborative team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Qualifications Required:
- Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and
- Has one year of social work experience in a health care setting (or)
- Has a baccalaureate degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by the hospice before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an MSW.
- Knowledge of psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
- Previous home health or hospice experience
Most states specifically require a professional state license or certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: bilingual, care physician, family medicine, family practice, general practice, hospitalist, nocturnist, physician md do, practice physician, primary care
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.