Job Location Rosharon – Rosharon, TX
Position Type Contractor
Education Level Undisclosed
Salary Range $47.00 – $47.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage Undisclosed
Job Shift Any
Job Category Nurse
To provide competent age and specialty appropriate nursing care to assigned patients and to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/families according to legal, ethical, institutional, and professional standards.
Major Duties/Critical Tasks
- Competently and accurately assesses patients and identifies nursing diagnosis/patient care needs.
- Competently plans and prioritizes age and specialty appropriate care of each patient assigned.
- Includes patient/family education in daily plan.
- Communicates relevant information to appropriate health care professionals.
- Ensures planned interventions are consistent with the overall plan(s) of care.
- Adheres to identified discharge plan.
- Is familiar with the standards of care applicable to assigned area.
- Safely and properly delivers age & specialty appropriate nursing care to assigned patients.
- Executes physicians orders for all assigned patients; administers medications and treatments, and delivers appropriate competent nursing care in accordance with UTMB s policies, procedures and standards
- Encourages patient/family participation in care and provides emotional support and comfort measures to them.
- Competently performs routine technical procedures/skills in specialty area assigned.
- Provides patient/family instruction and healthcare teaching.
- Practices and promotes proper aseptic technique, infection control measures, and body mechanics.
- Evaluates the patient/family response to, and outcome(s) of, implemented care and modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Competently and consistently completed accurate, concise, and legible documentation on all patient, unit, and hospital records.
- Respects and supports patient rights.
- Practices principles of patient and employee confidentiality.
- Recognizes ethical dilemmas, utilizes available resources and seeks assistance in dealing with them.
- Practices positive guest and patient relations.
- Consistently communicates in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reports and seeks assistance in dealing with guest complaints/concerns.
- Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with patient/family.
- Utilizes research-based nursing interventions and supports the unit-based quality improvement activities.
- Practices cost containment for patients and the unit.
- Competently prioritizes and organizes work so that required assignments are completed within a specified time frame.
- Effectively and efficiently uses time, equipment, and supplies.
- Functions as in interdependent and supportive team member.
- Assists in maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Exchanges constructive feedback with peers.
- Assumes responsibility for remaining current on job-related knowledge and skills and ongoing education/inservice/credentialing/certification/licensure requirements.
- Perform related duties as required.
- RN with current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas.
- Three (3) years full time clinical RN experience with at least two (2) years in specialty area assigned (or similar experience).
- Must have current BCLS certification obtained through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Able to use equipment and related supplies for a selected patient population.
- Able to use mechanical devices, such as those used in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, oxygen administration, and intravenous therapy.
- Able to use related computer equipment
- Work environment is located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped work space and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
- Moderate to extreme physical effort may be required, such as walking, standing, performing CPR, and lifting materials, equipment, objects, and/or patients.
- Occasional lifting may be very heavy and awkward, over 50 lbs.
- Vision, hearing, talking, and sense of touch abilities must be adequate to enable one to quickly and accurately perform tasks such as reading small print, reading from monitoring equipment, defining details, sending and receiving clear and accurate oral communication.
- Shift work is required at least 3 days per month.
- Alertness and careful attention to detail will be required to avoid injury.
- May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, ccu, coronary, intensive, neonatal, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu
Rosharon, Texas, United States of America
University of Texas Medical Branch
University of Texas Medical Branch
12/19/2018 3:09:17 PM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.