QR Code Link to This Post
South Novato Animal Hospital is seeking a caring and professional experienced RVT or experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our team. We are an AAHA, Fear-Free, Feline Friendly, multi-doctor hospital and our team takes great pride in the high quality of care we provide to our patients and clients. We are looking for an experienced veterinary technician with strong patient-care skills, who enjoys challenges and learning new things. We love team members that are passionate about high quality client and patient care. If you are a team player who is dependable, compassionate, enjoys a busy work environment and likes to grow, we want to meet you!
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes a Signing Bonus, Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Continuing Education, License and Dues, Uniform Allowance, and substantial Pet Care Discounts
MUST BE ABLE TO:
• Consistently and without stress obtain blood and urine samples, administer medications, perform routine diagnostics and treatments (Radiographs, ear cleaning, etc.)
• Provide safe and reliable anesthesia. Be comfortable with a variety of anesthetic and analgesic agents.
• Show up consistently and on time
• Get along well with other staff members.
• Work diligently without supervision
• Be gentle and compassionate with our patients.
• Strive to increase skills and knowledge
· Assisting doctors and technicians by providing routine treatments such as vaccines, subcutaneous fluid administrations, and oral medications
· Providing restraint of pets for examination and treatment
· Perform in-clinic procedures. These procedures may include, but will not be limited to performing ear cleaning, nail trims and enemas for dogs and cats
· Preparing medications (both injections and dispensed medications) for outpatient, hospitalization and surgical cases
· Obtaining blood and urine samples
· Placing IV catheters, using IV pumps, and administering IV medication
· Assisting in medical or surgical procedures
· Performing dental prophys, dental radiographs and simple dental extractions
· Safely inducing and monitoring anesthesia
· Basic suturing and wound closures
· Assisting in taking of radiographs
· Proper cleaning, packing and autoclaving of surgical materials
· Keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
· Performing clinical laboratory procedures such as FELV/FIV tests, heartworm tests, slide staining, PCV/TS, and in-house chemistry and electrolyte profiles
· Admitting and discharging patients on the doctor’s orders
· Maintain an appropriate inventory of all supplies
· Able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance
· Ability to stand, sit, walk for prolonged periods of time
· Flexible schedule, willing to work on Saturdays
· 3 years veterinary experience (licensed RVT preferred)
We would love to connect with you! Please email your cover letter and resume. Come join our fantastic team!
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below