Experience Level: None
Education: High School/G.E.D.
Catholic Charities – Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the fourth year in a row as one of The Plain Dealer’s Top Workplaces . As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ’s healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to over 400,000 individuals each year – providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).
Head Start programs support the mental, social, and emotional development of children from age 3 to age 5. In addition to education services, programs provide children and their families with health, nutrition, social, and other services. Head Start services are responsive to each child and family’s ethnic, cultural, and linguistic heritage.
The Head Start Teacher Assistant will ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland. Assist in setting up the classroom with defined learning areas and maintain a safe, healthy classroom environment that is arranged to support independence. Assume responsibility of the classroom in the absence of the teacher or as needed. Assist in carrying out the state and local licensing requirements and meeting the Head Start Performance Standards. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent and Child Development Associate (CDA) with (Pre-K endorsement) or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- 1-3 years experience working in a daycare or preschool classroom preferred.
- Previous experience in human services setting or Community Action program preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of all local, state and federal laws and procedures pertaining to Day Care licensing.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR or attained through training during the first six months of employment.
- Medical statement signed by physician or certified nurse practitioner required.
- Must be able to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural and administrative backgrounds.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must act as an advocate for Head Start throughout the community.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to actively interact with preschool children by having good dexterity with ability to lift up to 40 pounds, push, pull, carry, climb, balance and kneel and the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, and squat.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
Cleveland Ohio, United States of America
Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland
12/18/2018 9:13:44 PM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.