Pharmacy Technician Level I
The ideal pharmacy technician is detailed oriented, possesses both strong math and critical thinking skills, and is able to clearly communicate well in a friendly manner with our customers and coworkers.
He or she will be a self-initiator and continuous learner that can work independently with a clear understanding of the goals of the team, while also having the ability to teach others. It is key that a pharmacy technician is able to operate with a sense of urgency without compromising accuracy.
This role is best suited for someone with a passion for helping others and pursuing excellence by being versatile and reliable. He or she knows how to multi-task, manage time well, and prioritize. It is assumed that this person is trustworthy, honest and professional.
Pharmacy Technician Level I responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with a friendly smile.
2. Assist the Pharmacist in filling prescriptions as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy
3. Type prescription information to produce labels.
4. Label products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
5. Take inventory, place orders, check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove outdated items from the inventory.
6. Package medications for dispensing and for delivery.
7. Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including point-of-sale policies.
8. Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and the customer is satisfied.
9. File written prescriptions and other necessary paperwork daily.
10. Assist team members with tasks to ensure the pharmacy department runs efficiently.
11. Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the company’s code of business conduct, policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to operate a personal computer
Certified Pharmacy Technician
1 Year Previous Pharmacy Experience in Retail Setting
Company Description At Central Ohio Compounding Pharmacy, we strongly value our employees and encourage them to succeed by creating a positive work environment in which learning is welcomed, teamwork is essential, and respect is key. Our hours of operation, which include no evenings, weekends or holidays, are in part designed to encourage a work-life balance and place an emphasis on the importance of family and personal time. Our hope is that this will allow each employee to come to work with enthusiasm and passion for what they do, knowing each individual is appreciated, and that they are making a difference in a patient life.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.