- Performs hemodialysis treatments in accordance with approved facility policies and procedures.
- Prior to initiation of dialysis, ensures dialysis machine, its alarms, and all products used during treatment are prepped and meet quality standards.
- Monitors the patient during dialysis, assess any emergent changes in the patient’s condition, and communicates any problems to the physician and patient’s family.
- Administers and charts all prescribed pre, intra, and post dialysis medications and charge items in the Medical Information System (MIS) and on the treatment flow sheet.
- Follows CDC/CMS regulations with strict reinforcement of infection control.
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds and chart reviews, as assigned.
- Documents patient education to ensure compliance with the local ESRD Network, CMS, DCI corporate and clinic requirements.
- Interacts with local hospitals as a liaison to facilitate continuity of care.
- Assists in teaching and training new staff members as directed by the head nurse.
- Collaborates with all staff members and renal team members to maintain medication inventory, ensure the dialysis machines are functioning properly, and maintain an adequate stocking of unit supplies.
- Works with the head nurse and nurse manager to assure that OSHA compliance, occurrence reporting, and emergency preparedness is up to date.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Possesses and maintains a current license in the State as a registered nurse.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Previous dialysis experience preferred.
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated high level of clinical excellence.
- DCI provides comprehensive hands-on and theory orientation/training in order to equip our nurses for success.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at org or . Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
https://www. dol. gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost. pdf;
https://www. dol. gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c. pdf;
https://www. dol. gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c. pdf; and
https://www. nlrb. gov/sites/default/files/attachments/basic-page/node-3788/employeerightsposter-8-5×11. pdf.
East Liverpool, Ohio, United States of America
12/19/2018 5:37:34 AM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.