Instruct and implement the Dental Hygiene program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives. Dental Hygiene Instructors will provide dental services, supervise dental assistant externs, and work with students, clinic instructors, and clinical staff as part of the dental clinic. Dental faculty may also be assigned didactic and laboratory instruction as part of the dental hygiene education program.
- Provide dentistry services via the Faculty Practice in the Dental Clinic.
- Meet budgetary revenue and expense expectations for Faculty Clinic operations.
- Supervise student dental assistant externs functioning in the clinic environment.
- Oversee radiographic prescription by student dental hygienists and review radiographs as required by the Dental Board.
- Oversight of dental assessment and treatment planning performed by student dental hygienists.
- Student oversight and clinical evaluation and consultations as determined by the Dental Hygiene Program Director and Clinic coordinators.
- Provide dental diagnosis and case treatment plans and presentation as indicated. Supervise care during medical emergencies.
- Collaborate with Clinic Manager and Clinical Director regarding recommendations, operations, and practice management of dental clinic.
- Course and/or laboratory instruction as determined by the Dental Hygiene Program Director.
- Participate in the screening and interviewing of prospective students as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings, and participate in faculty in-service training.
- General and Department administrative duties as determined by the Campus Director and the Dental Hygiene Program Director.
- Provide dental hygiene students with tutoring assistance as needed. Refer students to the Student Services Coordinator if assistance is beyond the instructor’s scope or at the request of the student. The Student Services Coordinator will provide students with assistance to identify outside agencies that specialize with tutoring services meeting specific needs.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Full-time faculty must possess a baccalaureate degree from an academic institute accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Part-time faculty providing didactic instruction must have a baccalaureate degree or be currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as a Dental Hygienist or Dentist.
- Must be a dental hygienist who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Must hold current dental or dental hygiene licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the field.
- Current knowledge of the specific subjects being taught.
- Documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments.
- X-ray certification required.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below