At Banner Health our Travel Nursing employment opportunities, give you the freedom to travel and get to know new places and colleagues throughout the Banner Health network. Not just another nurse travel company, we are a strong nonprofit system of health care facilities and providers
For over 20 years, Banner Health Travel has provided healthcare professionals, opportunities to work in a variety of clinical settings within one of the country’s leading health systems. Our amazing travel program allows our professionals the ultimate in flexible scheduling options combined with a superior compensation structure. The Banner Health Travel Team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees.
As a valued and respected member of our health care team, you will enjoy a wide variety of professional benefits, including:
* Completion bonus for every 13 week assignment
* Variety of shifts available
* Flexible start dates
* Per mile travel reimbursement
* Excellent pay
* License reimbursement
* 403(b)/Health/Dental/Life Insurance
* Private housing (or salary in lieu)
* Paid orientation
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please apply to our New Nurse Experience openings.
Seeking experience PCU nurse >17 months excluding orientation or preceptor shifts.
About Banner Staffing Service WRSupporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country’s leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country’s most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner HealthBanner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Job SummaryThis position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
* Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
* Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patients status.
* Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
* Evaluates the patient’s and family’s response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient’s response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
* Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patients response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
* Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
* Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
* In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department.
Minimum QualificationsMust possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting.Preferred QualificationsBachelors degree preferred.Professional certification preferred.Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.