Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of students?Paraeducators work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
ESS, a leading educational staffing company, has dozens of daily and long-term substitute paraprofessional opportunities each day in our partnering school districts throughout the U.S.
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Address communication, behavioral management, academics, fine/gross motor, daily living skills, social and community living skills
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Attend to students’ physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Provide behavioral support for students following classroom management procedures and/or positive behavior support plan
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
- Observe student behavior and progress, keep notes, and report to classroom teacher and/or other school designee(s)
- Minimum of 48 College Credits
- Pennsylvania State Criminal History Clearance (Act 34)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
- Federal Criminal History Clearance (Act 114)
- Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release (Act 168)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
- School Health Form: Physical/Tuberculosis Test
- We offer benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You’ll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our employees for full-time positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you’re not in a long-term role – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. Over the last 18 years we have innovated education staffing to provide dynamic solutions to school districts and professional opportunities to passionate educators. With more than 650 school district partners across 21 states, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. We also provide our partner school districts with customized solutions, hands-on management, and program analytics. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
ESS Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.