The Crescent Junction Operator for the MoabUranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action (UMTRA) Project safely operates heavyequipment and trucks excavating, placing, receiving, loading, and transportinglow-level radioactive waste tailings at the and Crescent Junction site.Equipment may include front end loader, water wagon, compactor, back hoe,excavator, dozer, 40-ton articulated dump trucks, reach stacker, water trucks,service trucks, etc.
The operator’s other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing all duties in accordance with project policies and procedures, and complying with all federal, state, and local regulations for secure and safe operation
- Conducting a thorough inspection of the equipment assigned
- Safely operating equipment in different configurations as assigned
- Properly completing all necessary paperwork as required by project procedures and federal, state, and local laws
- Performing work required in a timely manner and maintaining adequate production in order to meet service schedules.
North Wind Portage is an EEO/AAP Employer.
- 5+ years of experience operating and driving construction-related equipment as described above.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate multiple pieces/types of equipment.
- Ability to understand the operational characteristics of the assigned equipment.
- Ability to understand basic maintenance requirements of the assigned equipment.
- Ability to clearly communicate professionally, both orally and in written form, and to maintain records related to the job.
- Motivated and willing to work as part of a team and perform multiple job functions.
- Possess the ability to execute tasks after receiving written or oral instructions.
- Physically able to perform job tasks, including lifting of 50 lbs alone.
- Ability to work in different types of personal protective equipment (half-face, full-face respirators, Tyvek, etc.) while performing various tasks/activities (e.g., climbing, walking, stopping, etc.) in different work environments (e.g., cold, heat, etc.).
- Ability to qualify as a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Radiation Worker II and complete Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) worker qualification, and pass a HAZWOPER/respirator user medical exam.
- Must have knowledge of and comply with all regulations and procedures governing safe driving, and inspection and maintenance of equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- May be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends, and night shifts, pending demand.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER certifications and subsequent 8-hour refresher preferred
- Experience on UMTRA type projects is highly desirable.
Education: HighSchool diploma or equivalent
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.