To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: Being committed to the Health First I CARE Values\: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence; Being engaged and contributing to a positive and productive work environment; Producing quality images; Following all HF, hospital and departmental protocols in a professional, memorable and timely manner; Mentoring the technical development of co-workers and students within a team concept; Flexibility to move from CT to another modality at a moments notice to meet department needs; Rotate through each modality on a regularly scheduled basis to maintain required experience and skill level for each modality (minimum of 25% of work time per modality); Must cross-train to another modality to meet the needs of the department.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients/customers, team members and yourself.
- Ensure the correct procedure is performed on the correct patient by verifying two forms of patient identification on “Every Patient / Every Time”.
- Perform time out process prior to starting any invasive procedure.
- Adhere to the ALARA principles of radiation safety.
- Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and responsibilities in relation to specified emergent codes.
- Responsible for hurricane preparedness and your duties as a Health First associate.
- Follow Infection Control policies and procedures; practice aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Effectively document and communicate pertinent and required information.
- Report malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department, fellow associate and management in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete all required documentation/forms written/electronic (ex\: patient history, pregnancy, IV contrast, procedural consent, MAR, safety portal, medication reconciliation, PACS.
- Review exam orders from medical charts and/or prescriptions prior to performing an exam.
- Obtain pertinent patient history from the requisition, the patient, the medical chart or other sources.
- Perform procedure protocols, produce images consistent with image quality standards and follow all Federal, State and Regional healthcare regulations and adhere to Joint Commission/ACR standards.
- Properly position patients and uses appropriate technique.
- Assure that exam rooms are clean, neat, stocked and disinfected; and that equipment is clean, disinfected and ready for the next patient encounter.
- Follow proper image retrieval and file processes.
- Participate in quality initiatives and offer suggestions for departmental improvements including departmental protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Accept additional responsibilities to assist with reaching departmental goals/initiatives.
- Attend staff meetings/in-services as required. Reads and signs off on all staff meeting minutes as required.
- Properly identifies, prepares and/or administers medications that are within the technologist’s scope of practice as prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee approved Radiologic Technology program, or equivalent approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Possess a current Florida State License as a General Radiographer.
- Possess a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) registration.
- Prior CT experience preferred.
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification and any other applicable advanced certifications recommended within two (2) years of hire/transfer.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- Computer-related skills deemed pertinent for optimal technical performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to report to department within 30 minutes when on call.
- Able to walk, bend, stoop, reach, and lift throughout their shift.
- Able to move, lift, or position patients as required.
- Able to push wheelchairs, stretchers, and beds.
- Dependable and flexible in relation to covering required shifts.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted, several times per day.
- Able to wear lead aprons for extended periods of time.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.